Techstra respects and is committed to protecting the personal data of individuals. We develop and follow privacy policies and data protection practices to comply with applicable laws and to earn trust and confidence in Techstra and its business practices. Techstra leaders, employees, and those working on behalf of Techstra are informed about these policies and practices and are expected to follow them. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Techstra privacy policies and practices reflect and reinforce the Techstra company values of trust, integrity, and quality.
This policy applies to the collection, storage, processing, transfer, and use of personal data concerning covered individuals, except where the contract with a covered individual defines different requirements or applicable law imposes additional obligations on Techstra.
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable living individual or as otherwise defined by applicable law. Sensitive personal information is that which, in cases of misuse, may cause unlawful or arbitrary discrimination or other serious risk to the individual. In particular, sensitive personal data can include special categories of data which means data relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health data, or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation. Personal data may be collected from covered individuals through a variety of means, including, as examples, websites, and sales, service, or employment processes. Techstra may also obtain personal data about individuals from other publicly or commercially available sources we deem credible.
All Techstra employees and contracted parties working on behalf of Techstra must comply with these policies, even if local law is less restrictive. Specific practices are tailored to meet the legal, regulatory, and cultural requirements where Techstra operates.
Our General Privacy Principles
Techstra recognizes that the personal data it receives is held in a position of trust. We seek to fulfill that trust by adhering to the following general principles regarding personal data.
Fair and Lawful Processing
Techstra collects and processes personal data fairly and lawfully.
- Techstra processes personal data based on consent, to meet contractual obligations, for the legitimate purposes of operating our business, to comply with legal obligations, or otherwise in accordance with applicable law. Techstra recognizes that additional care is required to justify the processing of any sensitive or special categories of data, and we will ensure that we have an appropriate lawful basis to justify our use of this type of data (for instance where this is necessary to meet employment law obligations).
- Techstra does not sell, rent, or lease personal information of covered individuals.
- Techstra complies with its privacy commitments in contracts with its enterprise customers, suppliers, and partners.
Transparency & Purpose Limitation
Techstra is transparent and provides notice and where required or appropriate choice to individuals regarding the type of personal data collected and its intended uses.
- Techstra reviews the purposes for which personal data is to be collected from covered individuals to ensure that our data collection supports reasonable business requirements and is proportionate to our needs.
- Techstra does not use personal data obtained from individuals for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes stated in our notices.
Data Access & Rights
- Techstra provides individuals with reasonable access to the personal data it holds about them and the ability to review and correct it, as applicable.
- Techstra respects individuals’ legal rights in relation to their personal data, as applicable (e.g. rights to object to certain types of processing activity or to erase certain types of data.
- Techstra takes reasonable steps to ensure that all applicable personal data is accurate and adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected
- Techstra retains personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and then securely deletes or removes the data. This requirement is subject to other laws and obligations that require Techstra to retain information for certain periods
- Techstra is committed to implement appropriate security controls to protect personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure.
- Techstra provides additional levels of protection for data considered to be sensitive personal data.
Data Sharing & Onward Transfer
- Techstra does not disclose personal data about individuals to third parties unless those third parties commit to give the data the equivalent level of protection that Techstra provides or as required by applicable laws and industry standard guidelines.
- Techstra regularly audits compliance and will keep a record of its data processing activities in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws.
- We are committed to resolving any concerns regarding personal data. Techstra addresses complaints or disputes regarding personal data promptly and courteously.
- For any questions or concerns, please contact Security at firstname.lastname@example.org.